找回密码
 中文注册
查看: 9464|回复: 25

开个帖子,收集易瑞沙耐药后的方案,有些是英文的,作精简翻译

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-2-12 17:59:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自: 英国
本帖最后由 fred9999 于 2013-2-23 05:38 编辑

我在这里想告诉大家一个特别的病人,这个病人在她服用易瑞沙多年后,对特凯罗有非常良好的反应。这让我非常开心。

事实上,她的例子很早就是一个奇迹了。 1995年,她被诊断为细支气管肺泡癌,她将坐下肺叶切除了,但是1998年通过纤维支气管镜确认她的癌症复发了,她开始咳嗽。她同时开始了化疗,而且在几年间,对化疗反应很好,虽然在化疗药物上有些改变,但是她一直反应很好。

在她开始服用易瑞沙之后,她的病情受到控制,并且5年没有发展。 只到今年5月,她又开始咳嗽,她在五年间没有进展的肿瘤又开始进展,于是她停掉易瑞沙,开始用力比泰化疗,然而扫描显示,经过两轮化疗,化疗并没有对她的病情起任何作用。

所有的治疗实际上是由另外一个学选的医师主持的。只到今年7月,她才过来见我,希望参加一些试药。她想参加舒尼替尼的试药,她参加了这个。 尽管她感觉好些,咳嗽也少了,但是6周后她的病进展了,她于是没有继续。

我们考虑了各种可能性,比较可行的是xl-184,是c-met 和VEGF的抑制剂,与特罗凯联合使用。因为184被期待是一种能够扭转egfr抑制剂耐药的药。然而,她没能够加入这个小组,因为她还没有试过特罗凯。

实际上,试用特罗凯是另外一种考虑。全球已有一些例子,在易瑞沙耐药后,特罗凯成功控制了病情。这个方案不是她的首选。 但是现在是她比较合理的选择。

在服用特罗凯后,她的病情成功得到控制

我们不知道这样的控制能维持多久,但是我们希望在不久的将来看到另外类似的例子。

这个意味着什么?在美国,很少有人对易瑞沙反应良好,假如下次我遇到同样的例子,我一定会让她试一下特罗卡。然而对亚洲和非洲的病人来说,对那些有egfr突变的人来说,将是个很好的机会,在易瑞沙耐药后,他们可以尝试特罗凯。

我强烈怀疑,有人在使用特罗凯后任然能从易瑞沙上受益。因为特与易原理相似 但药效更强,人们更容易从强药效上受益。另外,另一个问题是,使用小于标准计量或标准计量的特是不是比大剂量的特更受益?但是我认为,那些用50 或100毫克特耐药的人,在加大到标准计量后,应该也难以控制病情。换而言之,我不认为加大特的剂量能产生任何额外的好处。至少对不吸烟的人来说是这样的。

我不知道特能更多久有效,但是这是个不寻常而激动人心的例子。

有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2015-3-2 07:09:51 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国河北沧州
特罗凯用四年多,脑部进展,该如何选择呢。
有爱,就有奇迹!
回复 支持 1 反对 0

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-2-12 18:14:52 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 英国
There are two widely tested epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) — iressa (gefitinib) and tarceva (erlotinib). As discussed in my summary of their history (posts here and here), iressa was the first out of the gates, but it failed to demonstrate a significant survival benefit compared with a placebo in previously treated patients with advanced NSCLC, while tarceva did show a benefit. Nevertheless, iressa was approved by the FDA for about a year, based on preliminary promise and no alternatives, before the trial with tarceva became positive. By the time the tarceva trial came out and it was approved by the FDA, gefitinib was relegated to a secondary role in the US, but it has always fared better in Asia, where it continues to be widely used.

As shown above, these two agents are very similar but not identical, leading doctors and patients to question whether there might be a benefit to following one with another. Practically, with iressa the first one available and then restricted for new prescriptions after that, this has generally meant trying tarceva after progression on iressa. So what do we know?

First, it’s certainly possible to have a response to tarceva after progressing on iressa. A few years ago, Dr. David Garfield, a friend in the Denver area with a major interest in bronchioloalveolar carcinoma, wrote a case report of an elderly man with a marginal performance status who responded to dose-reduced tarceva after showing no response at all on iressa (the report doesn’t specify whether he had real progression or just failed to respond at all and switched to his next treatment). On the other hand, this wasn’t a common event, as described in a comment (here) that noted no benefit in five patients treated with tarceva after iressa.

Two other reports have been published in the last couple of years that provide some insight with slightly larger numbers, in that at least you can count the subjects with the digits on one hand. Last year, a group from Korea described their experience of treating 21 fairly young patients (median age 56) with tarceva after prior progression on iressa (abstract here). As expected in a group of lung cancer patients in Asia, this group predominantly had adenocarcinoma tumors, and 52% were never-smokers, but many had received 2-3 prior treatments, and the majority of the patients had a performance status of 2-3 (definitely marginal to frail). They reported that two patients actually had partial responses and four had stable disease for at least 90 days, and that the patients who showed stable disease or better with iressa tended to do better with tarceva. On the other hand, the patients with EGFR activating mutations didn’t do particularly well, presumably because their progression on iressa had been associated with a new, secondary mutation causing acquired resistance that also rendered the patients unresponsive to tarceva as well.

Another reported series with similar conclusions came out of Singapore (abstract here). This one included 14 patients who had all received iressa followed by later tarceva after progression, nearly all never-smokers of Chinese descent with an adenocarcinoma, and predominantly younger women (median age 56). They also checked for EGFR mutations and found them in 8 of 14 patients. Five patients were noted to benefit, including two with good responses and three with stable disease, although two of the patients progressed within two months. Here is one particularly dramatic example of a response to tarceva after iressa:

All of these patients who achieved disease control with tarceva after iressa had EGFR mutations.

So putting all of these results together, we’re still talking about only 41 patients, the vast majority Asian never-smokers. My overall impression of iressa vs. tarceva is that the former is considerably less effective at standard doses than the latter, so it’s believable to me that you could squeeze some benefit from giving the more potent EGFR inhibitor after progression on a less potent one. They do have subtle differences in shape, so it’s possible that this would be more effective than just increasing the dose of iressa. Thus far, it doesn’t appear that results with tarceva are clearly improved by just increasing the dose of tarceva if someone isn’t getting a benefit.

I also think it may be important that these results are in a population that has shown remarkable results with EGFR inhibitors overall, and I wouldn’t presume that the benefit would be as likely in a Caucasian smoker population.

Overall, there is certainly some proof of principle that the EGFR inhibitors aren’t the same, but I think that the greatest appeal is in giving tarceva after iressa, rather than iressa after tarceva. Moreover, I think the results could be less favorable in lung cancer population more typical for North America.

I’ve been searching for reports of other potential options for modifying and improving results after “acquired resistance” to an EGFR inhibitor, like adding avastin or another treatment, but thus far I haven’t found any results. If someone has a favorable story, I’d love to be able to offer a firmer answer and not just some ideas to consider.
同一个作者的博文,韩国和新加坡的临床实验,证明特罗凯在易瑞沙后有明显功效,文章中说,虽然特在分子结构上和易很类似,但是还是有不同之处,所以不是简单的加大易的剂量所能代替的。
有爱,就有奇迹!
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-12 18:26:10 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 英国
My mother was diagnosed with stage 3b nsclc (left lung) with pleural effusion in Sep 05.  Biopsy indicated adenocarcinoma with EGFR positive (exon 19 deletion).  PET revealed mets to pleura and rib. The first line treatment was carbo/gemzar that shrank the tumor significantly.  She received no treatment until Feb 07 when pleural effusion was back.  Then, she has been on Iressa and the pleural effusion disappeared. However, the recent CT scan showed a mild growth of the tumor and mild pleural effusion.  I wonder why Iressa worked for such a short time.  What is the best treatment in this situation?

1. continue Iressa,
2. switch to Tarceva now,
3. Alimta / docetaxel, (and then Tarceva)
4. New drug trial (The doctor mentioned that she may try a new drug, probably Zactima)
5. others ...

Some studies found that TKI is effective again after cytotoxic therapy.  Would it be better to try Alimta first and then Tarceva?  In addition, it seems that the irreversible TKI (HKI-272) is quite promising.  Is it possible for a non-US resident to enroll in the HKI-272 trial in US?  Please advice.

POSTED 5 YEARS AGO #
Dr. West
Administrator

I have a hard time answering what is the best treatment, and I really can't say what someone should do -- that's best left for discussions with your doctors, who know details that I really can't.  I can provide some general ideas.

Our general oncology practice is not to continue treatments after a patient shows progression.  However, there are a few settings in which that general tenet is broken.  There is increasing recognition that some patients can have a very good, long response to EGFR inhibitors and then show slow, asymptomatic progression, particularly if that progression is still to a point with less disease than the person started with before EGFR inhibitor therapy.  It's really a judgment call when to come off -- if the progression seems pretty convincing and more than very, very slow, that's when I recommend a change.  I haven't been especially impressed with results of Tarceva after Iressa -- there have been a few anecdotal responses, but it's nothing I expect.

Alimta or taxotere (docetaxel) are certainly established treatments, and I always feel more optimistic about the anticipated benefits of these approaches in patients who have previously responded to chemo.  I very routinely offer these agents to patients with previously treated advanced NSCLC if they haven't received them before.

New drug trials are always an appealing idea, with some of these eventuall proving to be future effective standard therapies.  Unfortunately, some others don't pan out.  You just don't know, but they're what moves the field forward.  Zactima's certainly as promising as anything being studied in lung cancer these days.

We haven't gotten any further info on HKI-272 from clinical trials.  I would like to see some evidence of patients responding to it, but thus far all I am aware of is some results showing it kills cancer cells in preclinical studies, which isn't as impressive to me as results in actual people.  I think you'd need to move somewhere where an HKI-272 trial is being offered in order to participate in a trial.

-Dr. West

另外一个例子,在易耐药后准备用特罗凯或者力比泰,疗效不明
有爱,就有奇迹!
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-12 18:29:09 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 英国
ZEPHYR临床试验发现,凡德他尼(Caprelsa)未能提高晚期肺癌病人的总体生存期。临床试验中纳入的人群为局部晚期或转移性非小细胞肺癌病人,既往使用吉非替尼或厄洛替尼和1~2项化疗方案失败。凡德他尼选择性靶向几种靶点的酪氨酸,包括VEGFR、EGFR和RET。吉非替尼和厄洛替尼是EGFR酪氨酸激酶抑制剂。

试验中,凡德他尼相对于安慰剂,虽然能观察到无进展生存期的显著优势,但是在总体生存期上没有显著优势。研究结果发表在2月27日的JCO杂志上。

在这项III期研究中,924名病人以2:1的比例分配到接受口服凡德他尼(300mg/天)或安慰剂,直到疾病进展或出现不可接受的毒性。

在治疗组,无进展生存期延长,但是不是很大(HR,0.63):中位间隔期,凡德他尼组为1.9个月,安慰剂组为1.8个月。凡德他尼组客观反应率也显著升高(2.6% vs. 0.7%)。然而,总体生存期没有统计学差异:凡德他尼为8.5个月,安慰剂组为7.8个月。

估计的1年生存期,凡德他尼组为35.5%,安慰剂组为31.7%。不良事件包括腹泻、高血压,发生率比较高。

作者得出结论,该研究没有发现凡德他尼在主要终点(总体生存期)上有优势

http://www.oneyao.net/article/2012/0802/article_30090.html
有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2013-2-12 19:17:30 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国广东东莞
英文不好希望多一些中文的吧
有爱,就有奇迹!
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-12 19:20:44 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 英国
基本上说易有进展后,在用特罗凯,是有一定希望控制病情的,反之则很鲜见.
有爱,就有奇迹!
 楼主| 发表于 2013-2-13 01:05:41 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 英国
Cynthia,
You have already gotten much valuable responses here. I would point you to one additional item just published today by Dr. Pennell of the GRACE faculty. He renders an assessment of a ASCO poster discussion of the clinical trial I am currently enrolled: Afatinib (BIBW 2992) -Cetuximab (Erbitux). There is much hope and excitement about this trial in tackling the acquired resistance to EGFR TKI like Tarceva and Iressa. It also gives a history of certain unsuccessful trials against this issue including the single agent Afatinib (BIBW 2992) and the combination of Tarceva + Cetuximab. It is a must read in your situation:

http://cancergrace.org/lung/2011 ... d-resistance-to-egf r-tkis-cetuximab-afatinib/

Regards,
Simon
有爱,就有奇迹!
发表于 2013-10-21 23:56:32 | 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国浙江金华
fred9999 发表于 2013-2-12 19:20
基本上说易有进展后,在用特罗凯,是有一定希望控制病情的,反之则很鲜见.

那特耐药后••••••
有爱,就有奇迹!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 中文注册

本版积分规则

QQ|关于我们|隐私服务条款|小黑屋|手机版|91奇迹 ( 京ICP备2020048145号-6 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 22:37 , Processed in 0.063575 second(s), 20 queries .